Greens powders are a quick and easy way to receive supplements that boost immunity, reduce disease risks, and promote health and wellness. While they should not replace whole foods, they are a great way to get the vitamins and nutrients in green vegetables, whole fruits, and leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and even collard greens.
Like most greens powders, Ensō's powdered greens contain numerous health benefits and offer the nutrient intake most are looking for. They can be mixed into drinks or sprinkled over food. The benefits of greens powders may not be for everyone, depending on the situation and health risks, but Ensō offers help for those looking to try greens powders and a risk-free 30-day trial with various greens powder bundles.
The Bottom Line
Greens Powders have many health benefits, yet many questions surround them. The questions vary from what green powders are, how can they be beneficial, and who should try or avoid them?
- What Exactly Are Greens Powders? Greens powders are a dietary supplement that can be mixed into food or drink and include anywhere from 25 to 40 different ingredients, including leafy greens, vegetables, prebiotics, fruits, and probiotics.
- What Are the Health Benefits of Green Powders? Greens Powders offer many health benefits, including helping people reach the recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals, and can also help the body's immune system against chronic disease risks.
- What do Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Think About Green Powders? Nutritionists recommend greens powders for those who need help getting their daily vegetable intake and who may need an extra boost in their immune system. They believe that greens powders should not substitute for whole foods, yet they can offer a helping hand in a busy lifestyle.
- Who Should Try (and Avoid) Greens Powders? Anyone can try green powders. However, there is a risk involved if someone takes medications that could negatively interact with the greens powders, such as antibiotics and anticoagulants. It's always best to consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.
- Get Your Greens In! Try Ensō Risk-Free! Ensō offers deals on greens powders for any occasion, including a daily boost and a daily wellness opportunity for those interested in a healthier lifestyle.
What Exactly Are Greens Powders?
Greens powders are a dietary supplement consisting of various leafy greens, vegetables, probiotics, and antioxidant-rich fruits. They can be combined in drinks with water or smoothies and juices. They are usually vegan and organic, making them accessible for anyone living a vegan lifestyle.
Green powders are usually made by drying fruits and vegetables with other vitamins and antioxidants. Green powders are also a good source of:
- Chromium (helps with hormone insulin)
- Selenium (helps with particular proteins called antioxidant enzymes that prevent cell damage)
Greens powders also give a great source of vitamin C, which can aid in supporting a healthy immune system and protect against heart disease.
However, greens powders are not substitutes for vegetables and other leafy greens. Instead, they work hand in hand with whole foods.
What Are the Health Benefits of Greens Powders?
Greens powders have many health benefits, from gut health to heart health and even antibiotic health. Greens powders can help with hormonal balancing and detoxification, which helps protect the body against diseases. Ensō's bundles offer a variety of different benefits.
The Ensō Life bundle has three greens powders that can help achieve a healthier lifestyle. It includes the Supergreens, Vitality, and Recharge powders, which help in different areas of the body.
- Supergreens powders contain necessary ingredients to aid in cleansing, probiotic health, and antioxidants, which help keep the immune system strong.
- Vitality powders aid in energy, focus, and endurance, which can make for a better working experience or a more focused and productive day
- Recharge powders can help in the relaxation, restoration, and sleep areas of a lifestyle, by promoting cognitive functions to slow down and aid in helping achieve a better sleep quality.
Ensō Superfoods powders are designed to improve physical health and support your immune systems. Key benefits of our blends include all-natural ingredients, including a proprietary blend of 19 organic superfoods, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. The greens powder can support:
- Gut Health
- Focus and energy
- Weight Loss
- And more!
Ensō Superfoods are 100% plant-based and gluten-free, as well as vegan. They have a non-chalk formula, meaning adding it to drinks will not change the drink's consistency. They also contain all-natural fruit enzymes, which aid in the drinking process. There are also no fillers, added sugar, or sweeteners and no artificial ingredients; they are all-natural, meaning anyone can enjoy them.
Healthy Blood Pressure
Greens powders offer calcium and potassium, which work together for blood pressure management. People who take greens powders found a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. This means greens powders can mitigate the different numbers of blood pressure, possibly reducing high blood pressure.
Immune Support System
Those who take greens powders are likely to experience a higher supported immune system, which can guard against getting sick, especially with cold and flu seasons. Taking a greens powder supplement can aid in protecting yourself, especially with Ensō's Daily Boost, which includes the Supergreens and Vitality bundle. The Supergreens contains a cleanse, probiotic, and antioxidant supplement, while the Vitality increases energy, focus, and endurance.
Chronic Disease Prevention
Similar to protecting the immune system, greens powders can also prevent diseases from entering the body or from the symptoms being less severe than that in someone who is not taking the powders. Greens powders contain vitamins C and K, which fight cell damage, such as that found in heart disease and diabetes.
Eye and Cognitive Health
Greens Powders contain high levels of potassium, or vitamin K. This vitamin aids in protecting eye health and maintaining brain health, especially in those with age-related dementia. Ensō's Daily Wellness bundle includes the Supergreens powder and the Recharge Powder, which aid relaxation, sleep, and restoration of the body.
Support Hormonal Balance
Greens powders are effective for numerous reasons, one of which involves hormone balancing. When hormones are out of balance, it can lead to some concerns, such as acne, diabetes, infertility and irregular menstruation in women, obesity, and thyroid disease. Greens powders can help regulate hormones and keep them balanced, resulting in possibly clearer skin, better sleep, and a healthier lifestyle.
Detoxification is essential in a daily lifestyle. Greens powders can help with increasing antioxidant properties, which help carry out cleansing properties of the body. Detoxification can help remove harmful compounds from the body, such as lead, mercury, and cadmium, leading to illnesses and diseases that attack the body. Greens powders can help gut health and keep the intestines clean.
What do Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Think About Greens Powders?
Many nutritionists have opinions on the pros and cons of greens powders. It is crucial to find one that best fits your lifestyle and your health and powders that will not interact with medications prescribed by a doctor. We always encourage you to consult with your physician if there's a chance that greens powder might interfere with your prescriptions.
Maddi Osburn (RDN)
Maddi Osburn, a registered dietitian nutritionist, has been quoted saying, "Greens powders may be a way to increase your fruit and vegetable intake with minimal effort, but they don't replace whole foods." Physically eating the greens that the powders come from has health benefits, but it is not apparent if those same benefits, or as much as those benefits, are achieved through greens powders.
Andrew Akhaphong (MS, RD, LD)
Andrew Akhaphong, registered dietitian, believes that greens powders can be an excellent alternative for those who don't like eating fruits and vegetables and those who travel frequently and don't always have access to fresh fruits and vegetables. Greens powders can be mixed into drinks, like water or juices, making them ideal for travel.
Amy K. Fischer (RDN)
Amy K. Fischer, who works as a dietitian says greens powders are a great way to improve diets. However, she reminds readers in a Good Housekeeping article that eating fruits and vegetables in their true form can aid better digestion. Powders are a great supplement, but the true form of what is in the powder can help better.
Mia Syn (RDN)
Mia Syn, with the Forbes Health Advisory Board, recommends greens powders as a prebiotic and probiotic, which can support gut health, digestion, and immunity.
Who Should Try (and Avoid) Greens Powders?
For individuals who don't enjoy eating fruits and vegetables and are not getting the recommended daily intake of greens, greens powders are a perfect way to do so. With the ability to be mixed into or onto anything, like water, juices, smoothies, or over a specific meal as a seasoning powder, anyone can receive the recommended level of greens.
However, if you are on a specific antibiotic or antioxidant that aids in heart health or blood pressure, it is best to make sure you do not overdo the greens powders or stay away from them altogether, as they can interact negatively with the medications. It is always best to check with your physician before making dietary changes.
Super Greens Powders Nutrition Facts
Ensō Superfoods super greens powders come from real whole foods that make the best-tasting greens powder. This powder can be added to any drink or food to ensure the daily intake of greens and the best health benefits. Each ingredient works with the others to make the taste enjoyable and help with health and wellness daily.
- Spirulina: Rich in vitamins and minerals to aid in a healthy immune system
- Chlorella: Source of iron
- Wheat Grass: Effective in fighting free radical cells and protecting against arthritis, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases
- Nettle Leaf: Used to treat painful muscles and joints, as well as anemia, arthritis, eczema, and gout
- Burdock Root: Powerhouse of antioxidants that are capable of removing toxins from the blood
- Alfalfa Leaf: Helps lower cholesterol
- Barley Grass: Rich in Vitamin A and C and help with antioxidants
- Broccoli: Beneficial for heart and eye health and aids in supporting hormonal imbalances, as well as the immune system
- Nopal Cactus Powder: Antiviral properties that protect nerve cells and can regulate blood sugar levels
- Dandelion Leaf: High in antioxidants and reduces cholesterol and blood sugar, as well as inflammation and blood pressure.
- Horsetail: Able to stop bleeding, heal ulcers and treat kidney problems
- Kale: Strong in Vitamin A, B, and K, which aid in eye and bone health, disease prevention, and bone-building, respectively
- Parsley Leaf: Similar to kale and helps protect against chronic diseases
- Oat Grass: Helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Spinach: Supports the immune system and is strong in vitamin E and magnesium
- Moringa Leaf: Protects the liver, prevents and treats stomach complaints, and nourishes skin and hair
- Probiotic Complex: Improves digestion
- Enzyme Complex: Breaks down food for energy in the body
- Kelp Powder: High in antioxidants and fights against disease-causing free radical cells
- Dulse Powder: Helps prevent iodine deficiency and high cholesterol
- Ginger Root: Prevents stress and damage to DNA
- Organic Turmeric Powder: Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides in people at risk for heart disease
- Organic Gelatinized Maca: Boosts athletic performances and increases energy levels
- Organic Goji Berry Powder: Promotes feelings of calmness and better sleep
- Organic Cinnamon Powder: Anti-viral, antibacterial and antifungal, which helps support gut health and may help manage blood pressure, and supports digestive enzymes
- Organic Boswellia Powder: Soothes arthritis, boosts muscle strength, and can prevent headaches
- Organic Ginger Powder: Relieves stomach aches and can help cure nausea, as well as prevent strokes and heart disease
- Organic Cardamom: May lower blood pressure and may contain cancer-fighting compounds
- Organic Black Pepper Powder: Aids digestion and prevents constipation
- Organic Beet Powder: Source of calcium, iron, and potassium
- Organic Pomegranate Powder: Contains strong anti-inflammatory effects
- Organic Cordyceps: Boosts exercise performance and contain anti-aging properties, as well as manages Type 2 Diabetes and heart health
- Organic Lion's Mane: Protects against dementia, anxiety, and depression and can help repair nerve damage
- Organic Apple Powder: Contains vitamin C and fiber and can boost brain, digestive, and heart health
- Organic Maca Root: Increases libido, fertility, and mood, reduces sun damage, blood pressure, and erectile dysfunction
- Organic Lemon Juice Powder: High vitamin C levels and supports colon health and a healthy immune system
Why Ensō Superfoods
Ensō Superfoods offer many powders to choose from that benefit the body. They contain 100% all-natural ingredients that offer a way to get the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables during a busy lifestyle. Ensō Superfoods are organic and 100% vegan and gluten-free, meaning they are safe for anybody to try and use.
Centered in California, Ensō Superfoods create natural, organic nutrition to help bodies stay healthy and at their absolute best. With 35+ ingredients and easy-to-drink superfoods and blends, Ensō makes it easy to help your body perform at the highest possible function.
FAQs About How Greens Powders Are Good For You
Trying greens powders for the first time can be daunting. With many to choose from and not knowing the perfect blend for your body, the process can be long and confusing. However, Ensō makes it easy with their 100% organic blends that focus on health and wellness.
Is taking greens powders worth it?
Taking greens powders is an excellent idea for those who are always on the go or who have a busy lifestyle and don't always find time to eat fruits and vegetables. With the option to mix a powder with water or juice, individuals on the go do not need to worry about denying their bodies nutrients.
Are greens powders a waste of money?
If you can eat the recommended daily intake of fruits or vegetables without the need for a supplement, they could be considered a waste of money. However, for those who dislike the taste of physical vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, or pomegranates, greens powders can be a significant investment.
What are the benefits of greens powders?
Greens powders can promote gut, heart, brain, eye, and blood health. The powders can help keep a body from getting sick and help detoxify and build up the immune system.
Are greens powders good for kids?
Yes, as they are packed with fruits and vegetables that can help a child's health. Some companies even make specific greens powders for children's digestive health that are packed with enzymes, probiotics, fiber, and vitamins and minerals.
Can I take greens powders if pregnant?
Most greens powders are not recommended during pregnancy unless they cater specifically to pregnant women. Greens powders are not normally tested on pregnant mothers, and the effects the ingredients have on unborn children have not been studied. It is best to consult with a physician before trying greens powders while pregnant.If you are looking for a quick and easy way to get your daily intake of fruits and vegetables, especially during a busy lifestyle, check out Ensō risk-free!